MSc INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
Once candidates have completed the Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM) they are eligible to apply onto an accelerated study option directly with London Metropolitan University and be awarded an MSc in Information Technology via distance learning. The MSc course is specifically designed for career enhancement. It aims to equip learners with important knowledge and skills highly valued by employers in the IT industry. These include mobile computing, information systems, advanced databases and project management.
Enhance your business skills and accelerate your career into senior management by completing the Postgraduate Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM) through online self-study. Candidates must study and pass six units; this includes two core units and four electives. Successful L7DBM graduates can now progress onto the London Metropolitan University MSc in Information Technology with Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL).
Students can top-up to a full MSc by taking the following modules via distance learning:
Year 1. 120 credits delivered at the Post. Dip full time in Thailand.
1. Information Systems and Knowledge Management (online).– Students will develop a critical understanding of the strategic roles of information and knowledge management systems in contemporary organisations together with a critical appreciation of tools, implementation approaches and appraisal methods that contribute to their successful use.
2. Project Management. Students will be introduced to the discipline and profession of project management and learn transferable skills that help them succeed in a project environment.
3. Entrepreneurship and innovation.– Students will understand that entrepreneurship is a key area of businesses. It applies to small sole traders and large corporations. The link with innovation is symbiotic and the focus of this unit on both areas highlights how enterprises grow and the benefits and risks to innovation.
4. Strategic Management. – Students will gain a thorough understanding of the process of strategy formation, development and implementation to improve organisational performance and create competitive advantage.
5. Leadership, People and Change. – Students will develop a keen understanding of the modern complexities of and new thinking about how to lead successful organisations in the turmoil of today’s business environment.
6. International Marketing Strategy. - Students will develop a critical understanding of international marketing strategy in the context of global operations. Students will learn to effectively satisfy the strategic objectives of organisations in domestic markets and across national borders.
Year 2. 60 credits delivered online at London Metropolitan University.
Successful L7DBM graduates can now progress onto the London Metropolitan University MSc in Information Technology with Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL). Students can top-up to a full MSc by taking the following modules via distance learning:
Mobile Applications Design and Development (20 credits)
Database systems with professional certifications (20 credits)
MSc Project (60 credits)
In year two, all assessment with London Metropolitan University is by coursework, with a built-in oral presentation/viva using the London Metropolitan University teleconference facility where appropriate. Year two with Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) Successful completion of the L7DBM (must include core units) and IELTS 6.0
Where this course can take you
Successful completion of this course offers a wide range of career opportunities in the Information Technology industry in private and public sectors. These include:
• database administration
• project management
• mobile and web development
• business or systems analysis
• IT consultancy, support services
• product management and training