3 EASY STEPS
HOW THE ONE YEAR ED-VISA PROCESS WORKS?
STEP 1. Provide to the Thai Embassy/Consulate with the required documentation and visa application. We will supply you with invitation letter needed to present it to the Thai Embassy. Note that the invitation letter does not guarantee an EdVisa. Edvisa is granted by Embassies depending on other conutry and personal factors and documents as well. What we know for sure is that without an invitation letter you cannot apply to a Edvisa.
STEP 2. Obtain from the embassy or consulate one year Edvisa attached to your passport.
STEP 3. Prepare your suitcase and go to the airport!
ED-VISA OBTAINED IS FOR STUDY ONLY. DOES NOT ALLOW TO WORK IN THAILAND.
Students are allowed to be proactive in the search of business opportunities, do networking and contact recruiment agencies but not to work until they can obtain a work permit.
DUE TO COVID19 DISRUPTION WE RECOMMEND TO BOOK FLEXIBLE AIR TICKETS WHEN POSSIBLE
ALTERNATIVE POSSIBILITIES TO THE ED-VISA
MOST NATIONALITIES CAN EASILY APPLY AND ENTER INTO THAILAND WITH A TOURIST VISA.
IN MOST CASES, THE TOURIST VISA ALLOWS THE PERSON TO STAY IN THAILAND 60 DAYS AND EXTEND IT INSIDE THE COUNTRY FOR ANOTHER 30 DAYS, OBTAINING A TOTAL OF 90 DAYS.
AFTER 90 DAYS, STUDENTS WITH TOURIST VISA CAN LEAVE THE COUNTRY AND SENJOY A FEW DAYS IN A NEIGHBOURING COUNTRY (SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA, CAMBODIA, CHINA, ETC..) AND RENOVATE THEIR VISA AT A THAI EMBASSY LOCATED IN CITIES LIKE KUALA LUMPUR, SINGAPORE, HONG KONG, ETC. BY DOING THIS, EACH YEAR STUDENTS SHOULD LEAVE THE COUNTRY JUST 2-3 TIMES COMING BACK TO COMPLETE THEIR COURSE.
THIS OPTION IS GOOD FOR THOSE STUDENTS WHO ALSO WISH TO VISIT NEIGHBOURING CONTRIES WITHIN THE REGION.
Please note that, even if you have paid to reserve a place by the stipulated deadline, it is ESSENTIAL that you complete the enrollment process by the date indicated by Admissisions's Office. If the reminder of the enrollment fee is not paid by the stipulated date, your place will be given to the next student on the waiting list and you will lose your rights to it, in addition to the quantities or deposit already paid.
WHAT DO I DO NEXT AFTER MY ACCEPTANCE IN A PROGRAMME?
1. Contact (Call, send an email) with your Thai Embassy or Consulate and ask for the required documentation to obtain an Education Visa.
2. The Embassy will provide with the list of requirements, MAKE SURE THAT YOU CAN FULLY COMPLY WITH THEM. One of the required documents by the Embassy/Consulate will be an invitation letter provided by us. We will issue this letter once we have received the VISA ADMINISTRATIVE FEE.
3. Then you will have to wait for about 4-5 weeks to receive by DHL, UPS or similar courier, the invitation letter. Once you receive it, add it to the rest of documents and present it to the Thai Embassy.
4. In one week you should be able to collect your Ed-Visa at the Thai Embassy/consulate.
WHAT Documents can be required* to get your EdVisa?
1. An official student visa application form.
2. Passport or travel document valid, with a minimum validity period equal to the duration of the stay
3. If a minor arriving alone, permission from parents or legal guardians with confirmation of the entity and planned period of stay.
4. A guarantee of the financial means necessary, for you (and your relatives), to cover the costs of the stay and the return journey to your country
5. Public or private health insurance with an insurance company authorised in Thailand.
6. A medical certificate stating that you do not suffer from any disease that could have a severe impact on public health in accordance with International Health Regulations.
7. In some countries, and if the applicant is an adult, proof of the absence of a criminal record in countries of residence over the past 5 years, for any conduct considered a criminal offence in Thailand.
8. COLBS INSTITUTE and its affiliated local school will issue letter of invitation after receiving the first payment confirming registration at Colbs programme.
9. Evidence of accommodation (we help you with this) in Thailand for the period of your studies.
We recommend that you visit the Thai consulate website in your region as certain consulates may have additional requirements specific to the region.
*Notice that these requirements can change country to country.
TO CONTACT MY THAI EMBASSY
1. Go to this link https://www.thaiembassy.org/en/index
2. Find your country and contact with the Thai Embassy located in your country and ask by email or call about documentation needed for the NON-IMMIGRANT ED-VISA.
3. If your country does not have an Embassy, no problem. Find the closest country to yours and go to that link. Typically one Embassy covers the jurisdiction of several small sized neighbouring countries.
In case of doubt or if you are not sure send email to the Thai Embassy and ask them or ask us directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by whatsapp to +66903205657
WHEN SHOULD I START WITH THE VISA PROCESS? Student visa processing times vary from country to country and may take as little as two weeks to two months. We recommend that you start the process as early as possible to guarantee your arrival at COLBS before the start date of your programme. You should contact the Thai embassy or consulate in your region for more information about when to start the procedure.
CAN I WORK IN THAILAND WITH AN EDVISA? Edvisa does not allow students to work while they study. To be able to work you should get a work permit which is obtained in case a company wants to hire you. Foreigners need a work permit after their studies to stay in the Kinddom and this is issued when a Thai company shows interest in you. Students are allowed to search for a job and make business contacts while in Thailand.
CAN COLBS HELP ME WITH THE VISA APPLICATION PROCESS? COLBS admissions team will provide support with the visa application process whenever necessary, however, you will need to apply for your visa in person at the nearest Thai consulate in your region. COLBS and its affiliated school collaborate with immigration lawyers to provide professional support.
WHAT IS THE INVITATION LETTER FOR? The invitation letter issued by any university or school, in this case Colbs and its affiliated school is made to trigger and initiate the Educational Visa process. It is not a guarantee itself of obtaining the Visa. This is the reason why we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE all our candidates to check in advance the full list of requirements with their Thai Embassies or Consulates.
HOW LONG DOES THE EDUCATION VISA ALLOWS ME TO STAY IN THAILAND? Your education visa will be issued for the duration of your academic year and one year maximum. If your programme is shorter and you stay only one semester then up to 4-5 months. In some special cases your visa can be extended directly in Thailand if you still meet the required conditions and can provide evidence that you have passed the relevant exams and meet the requirements to continue your studies. Every 90 days all foreigners in Thailand will have to stamp your visa at immigration but no worries, this service will be done by our people.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY VISA APPLICATION IS REFUSED? If you have missed the deadline and/or start date of your course, we advise that you defer your studies to the next semester (without paying any additional fee) and resubmit your visa application. The result of your first application will not influence the outcome of your next visa application as long as you fully meet all the requirements for the student visa.
SHOULD I PAY SOMETHING FOR THE VISA SERVICE? Our school invitation letter and visa stamp services are included in the tuition fees for "regular fees"students only. You will have to pay the administrative fees required to the Thai Embassy or Consulate while doing the paperwork.
CAN COLBS START MY VISA PROCESS WITHOUT PAYMENT OF THE VISA ADMINISTRATIVE FEE? No. We cannot start any process without having received a first payment.
WHAT IF MY COUNTRY DOES NOT HAVE A THAI EMBASSY OR CONSULATE?
No problem. Then you need to find the closest Thai embassy in neighbouring countries (this is quite normal, since sometimes embassies offer service centralized service only in one country wich covers several ones). Visit the Embassy website, send them email or call them asking for information. Most procedures can be done by post, courier and many times does not request you to be in person. You can have access to a list of Thai embassies here
WHY COLBS INSTITUTE DOES NOT ISSUE ANY INVITATION LETTER WITHOUT ANY VISA ADMIINSTRATIVE FEE (VAF) PAYMENT BY THE STUDENT?
To prepare the invitation letter for a student it is a process which involves costs for our institution. It needs the approval of the Thai Ministry of Education which reviews the provided documentation in exchange of non-refundable fees. There are also international and national courier fees, time consuming of the admissions department and material exchange with our associated schools and the same Ministry. All this process is done on a case-per-case basis consuming significant amount of resources for our small institution. Being all our programmes regulated qualifications in the UK, at the same moment that we initiate the process of invitation letter we are asked to pre-enroll students under our official awarding body (regulated by Ofqual in the UK) . The system does not allow colleges to start a process without arranging payments. All former costs are partially financed by the "Visa Administrative Fee". It is not the institute´s policy to be responsible of advancing or risking money on behalf of the student without any guarantee.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! To avoid problems we recommend that students make sure they comply with all requirements indicated in the Thai immigration code provided by the Thai Embassy /Consulate in their country of origin.
GENERAL PROCESS TO PRESENT AND OBTAIN THE EDUCATIONAL VISA
1. After you have been offcially admitted to the programme we ask you to arrange a deposit yearly payment or VAF.
2. Once payment has been received we proceed with the Invitation Letter for Ed-Visa process. During this process we will use copy of your passport and picture and will send them to the Ministry of Education in Thailand confirming your enrolment officially. This process takes usually 3-4 weeks to complete.
3. Once we have received back from the Thai Ministry of Education its validation and invitation letter is duly stamp by the MOE we will send it to you by DHL or similar. The letter (written in Thai) must be presented to your embassy together with the rest of the required documentation (application, photo, passport, etc.). Notice that in some cases the embassy could ask extra doumentation as airplane ticket or copy of the accommodation reservation. In this case let us know what they need and we will do our best to provide you with the documents needed. Nothe that if the embassy requests proof of accomodation then the student should transfer to Colbs the semester accomodation fee so we can book a place in his-her name.
4. In general you can collect the visa at the embassy or consulate in a 4-5 days.
5. It is essential to tell the embassy what day you are planning to travel to Thailand. (Your accomodation will start the 1st day of the program). If you are planning to arrive a few days earlier then you should book a place by yourself.
IS MY PASSPORT STRONG?
A FUN SITE TO CHECK THE STRENGHT OF YOUR PASSPORT
© COLBS INSTITUTE 2021, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. * Names and brands mentioned in this website are property of their respective owners
COLBS INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Oon Valley Campus. 56 / Moo 5 On Tai, San Kamphaeng District, Chiang Mai 50130. Thailand.
CIIM GRADUATE INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT LTD.PART.
44/3 Moo 7 T.Huai Sai, Sankampaengh
50130 Chiang Mai, Thailand.