Dr. George Monray, D.B.A. / Doctor of Business Administration, Post.Dip.Research Methods, M.B.A, Graduate Dip. Marketing, MCIM and B.B.A.
With 9 journal articles and 3 published books Prof. George Monray is a frequent speaker at conferences and industry gathering and has provided executive education and consulting services during more than 15 years in several countries including Spain, USA, UK, Switzerland, China, Thailand and Indonesia. He has conducted executive training programs for teams and executives in order to define Marketing Plans, Internationalization Strategies or Market Research among others. Some of the names of the clients include HP, HSBC, UPS, Motorola, Nortel, Aviko, El Corte Ingles, La Vanguardia, Michelin, Astra Zeneca. Prof. George Monray managed the China Business Program developed between Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and Shanghai International Studies University (Xianda College) at Shanghai, China during the years 2010-2013.
Prof. GM actually serves as Dean of the Colbs Institute of International Management, Executive B-School located in Bangkok accredited by Ofqual and the University of Hertfordshire. Professor of International Business at the Institute for American Universities (IAU), Kasetsart University (Thailand) MBA program, Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Universitas Pelita Harapan (Executive Education) at Jakarta, Indonesia.
GM works as well as an entrepreneur and consultant for companies in South East Asia, member of the Academy of International Business (AIB) and former member of the Editorial Board of the International Business Research (IBR) Journal, (Canadian Canadian Center of Science and Education.
Working papers and journal articles.
-Mongay, J. 2017. Country patterns and effects on the Ease of Doing Business. A Global study. International Journal of Competitiveness, Vol 1, No.3. Inderscience. Indexing / Abstracting: Scopus.
-Mongay, J. 2017. Exported Corruption and Its Enforcement: Factors and Relationships. Journal of International Business and Economics. December 2016, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 19-27. Indexing / Abstracting: Crossref, Cabells, Ullrichs, EBSCO.
- Mongay, J. Rimbo D, Nagoya R, Solihin I. 2017. Perceptions of Consumers in the Airline Industry Using a Qualitative Data Analysis Methodology. An Applied Research under an International Orientation. International Business Research. (IBR Journal). Volume 10, No.5, pp. 22-28. 2017. Indexing / Abstracting: CrossRef, EBSCOhost, EconBiz, EconLit, ECONIS, EconPapers, ERA, Google Scholar, IDEAS, JEL, Open J-Gate, PKP Open Archives Harvester, RePEc, SHERPA/RoMEO, Ulrich's, Universe Digital Library, ZBW-German National Library of Economics.
- Mongay, J., 2017. Market Economies Potentialities and Cultural Clusters. A Global and Longitudinal Study. Expert Journal of Economics, 5(1), pp.1-13. Indexing / Abstracting: Econlit, DOAJ, Econbiz, Repec, Econpapers, Ullrich´s.
- Perceptions of consumers in the financial industry under A Qualitative Data Analysis methodology. (Mongay, J. 2015) International Journal of Trade and Global Markets. ISSN online: 1742-755X, ISSN print: 1742-7541
- La viabilidad económica de una Catalunya independiente. Una investigación sobre las contribuciones de Espasa y Bosch. Críticas y razonamientos con el uso de la metodologia de análisis de datos cualitativos. (Mongay, J, 2015) Revista Contribuciones a la Economía.
- Service Quality Measurement Using SERVQUAL. An Applied Comparative Study on Customer Perceptions and Expectations under an International Approach. (Mongay,J). Expert Journal of Marketing 01/2014; 2(2):82-85.
- Foreign Direct Investment in Cambodia: The case of General Electric. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics & Management. Vol 3, Num 12, Dec 2013. Pp 158-167. (Mongay, J.)
- Are corruption and ease of doing business correlated? An analysis of 172 nations. The Academy of International Business (AIB) UK Chapter. Edinburgh, Scotland, April 2011.(Mongay J, Filipescu D).
- Variables and their impact in the ease of doing business in China. An international comparative study based in the "Doing Business" report (2012, Spanish). Mongay, J. University Library of Munich. http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/41865/3/MPRA_paper_41865.pdf. Indexed at: ECONPAPERS. www.econpapers.repec.org
- Generadores de lealtad en la pyme: un enfoque B2B. Revista Contribuciones a la Economia. (Spanish). March 2011. ( Mongay J, Torres J.) ISSN: 1696-8360. Indexed at: ECONPAPERS. www.econpapers.repec.org
- Modelo de compatibilidad estrategica aplicado a fusiones y adquisiciones. Revista Contribuciones a la Economia. (Spanish). March 2011. (Mongay J). ISSN: 1696-8360. Indexed at ECONPAPERS. www.econpapers.repec.org
--Caso ARTCAVA. 2012. (Mongay J, Enguita E). University Library of Munich. http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/41836/.Indexed at ECONPAPERS. www.econpapers.repec.org
-Jorge Mongay. Cultural clusters and market potentiality. Realities and relationships. Academy of Global Business Advancement. Central Java. Indonesia Nov 26-28, 2016.
- Jorge Mongay: An applied research on feelings, sentiments and perceptions of consumers in a complaining process in the financial industry using a Qualitative Data Analysis. The case of Capital One credit card. Society on Interdisciplinary Business Research. SIBR, Bangkok, Thailand; 06/2015
- Jorge Mongay, Ashia Johnson, Margaret Head, Camille Guenard, Brian Kincaid: Scotch Whisky in Thailand. Strategic implications of international alliances and product adaptation. A secondary data research case study. MPRA Paper; 10/2012
- Jorge Mongay: Academy of International Business, UK Chapter. Edinburg, 2012. Academy of International Business, UK Chapter; 05/2012
Member of ABE Awarding Body (Ofqual) UK
Member of the Academy of International Business.
Former member of the Editorial Board of the International Business (IBR) Research. (ISSN: 1913-9004; E-ISSN 1913-9012). Indexed and abstracted in: CrossRef, EBSCOhost, EconBiz EconLit, Econis, EconPapers among others.
Former reviewer of the Journal of Asian Business Studies (JABS). Emerald. ISSN: 1558-7894.
Books by GM
La Direccion Estrategica de la Empresa: Practicas avanzadas. Thomson. (November/2004). Mongay, J. (Spanish). ISBN: 84-470-2283-8.
Business and Investments in Asia: New Challenges, New Opportunities. (ESIC Editorial, 2012). Mongay, J. (English). ISBN: 978-8473-7356-810-4.(Available in AMAZON).
Customer Loyalty in Small Companies. A case study approach. Lambert Academic Publishing. 2012. Mongay, J. (English). ISBN: 978-3-8484-1240-2. (Available in AMAZON).
Mongay, J. 2017. Ease of Doing Business and wealth creation, Book: “Examining the Private Sector’s Role in Wealth Creation and Poverty Reduction". IGI Global.
Mongay J, Delcor J, Torres J. 2009. Business Plan: Metodología Euncet . Obra Social Caixa de Terrassa (12/2009).
International Business: New Challenges, New Forms, New Practices. Ed. Harris, S. 2011. THE ACADEMY OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS. (AIB). Chapter title: Are corruption and the ease of doing business correlated? An analysis of 172 nations. (Mongay J, Filipescu D.)
Customer Loyalty in small B2B companies: A case study approach. SBS Swiss Business School. (02/2009) Mongay, J. Mentor: Frederick Clark, Ph.D. ) Customer Loyalty in Small Companies. A case study approach". (Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012).
The Encyclopedia of Race, Ethnicity and nationalism in The XXI Century Organizations. Pub: Wiley Blackwell. 2012. Mongay J, Rizova P.
Former Editor in Chief of the SBS JOURNAL OF APPLIED BUSINESS RESEARCH. (SBS JABR). ISSN: 2235-7750 (Online) & 2235-7742 (Printed).
Member of the Editorial Board and Reviewer of the International Business Research Journal (IBR). (ISSN: 1913-9004; E-ISSN 1913-9012)
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) at SBS Swiss Business School, Zurich (Switzerland). ACBSP, IACBE and BAC-ENQA accredited. Thesis: “Customer Loyalty in Small B2B companies. A multiple case study approach.” 2009.
- International Faculty Program (IFP) at IESE Business School, 2007. AACSB and EQUIS accredited.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Research Methods (Business and Management) University of Bradford School of Management, UK. 2006 AMBA & EQUIS accredited.
- MBA, The Nottingham Trent University, England, UK. 1997.
- BBA & Graduate Diploma in Marketing, (DipM L6) at The Chartered Institute of Marketing, England, (UK). 1996.
- Other Specific Diplomas in Neurology and Neuroscience: Neurology DipT. University Camilo Jose Cela. (Madrid, Spain 2015), Research Methodology applied to Neurosciences. University of Leon, Spain. 2015.
- IESE Business School, IFP Badge President in 2007.
- Academic Member of the European Academy of Management and Business Economics. (AEDEM).
- Best evaluated teacher by Study Abroad students at UAB Study Abroad Program. (Spring 2006).
- BIMM 2004. Barcelona International Marketing Meeting invited speaker.
- Guest speaker of the Club de Marketing de Barcelona. Subject: “The Importance of Marketing Strategy”, 1999.
- Elected Member of The Chartered Institute of Marketing, 1995.
Academic / Teaching experience:
-Faculty at INSITUTE FOR AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES, Barcelona campus. 2020.
- Faculty at NIDA, Thailand. 2016. MBA program.
- Faculty at the MBA Universitas Pelita Harapan & Peking University in Jakarta, MBA. 2013-today.
- Guest lecturer at SBS Swiss Business School, Zurich. MBA. 2011-2012.
- Lecturer at North Chiang Mai University, Thailand. Doctor Business Administration program. 2013-2014.
- Lecturer at University Pompeu Fabra, (Spain) . 2012-2015. Master International Business.
- Lecturer at Arcadia University, PA, USA, since 2007 ( Barcelona campus)
- Lecturer at CEA, University of New Haven, CT (USA), since 2007 ( Barcelona campus).
- Visiting professor at Strathmore Business School, Nairobi, Kenya, 2009.
- Guest Speaker at the MBA program of Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, Chicago, IL. Topic: European Business. Summer 2006.
- Guest speaker at ESADE (Spain). 3rd best international business school, (BusinessWeek ranking *2004 ). Level: undergraduate and postgraduate. Subject: Computing applications to strategic analysis. 2004.
- Lecturer at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (UAB). www.uab.es Courses: International Business. Study abroad program developed together with american colleges; Rhode Island University, Texas A&M, Drew University, Cornell University, 2003-today.
- Lecturer at ESIC Business and Marketing School. Postgraduate programs. Courses: Business Strategy, Marketing Strategy, Environmental Marketing, Buyer Behaviour, Pricing Policy. Manufacturing Management. 1997-2006 ( 9 years’ experience at postgraduate status)
- Lecturer at Euncet-Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya. www.euncet.es www.upc.es Level : Teaching at postgraduate status, MBA bilingual program. Course: International Business Strategy, 2004-2005.
Since 2004. Freelance as adjunct faculty, consultant, and researcher.
2002-2004. MCM, S.A. Export Area Manager. Customer examples: Danone (UK), Coca Cola, Procter & Gamble.
2000-2002 Antonio Mengibar S.A. Packaging machinery manufacturer. Export Area Manager. Sales and marketing for international markets including U.K, Australia, Belgium, Portugal. Some customers are : Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Colgate Palmolive, Henkel, L'Oreal, S.C. Johnson, Perrigo, Estee Lauder, Reckitt Benckiser.
1999-2000. Market Modeling Ltd. Marketing software tools. Consultant sales and marketing in Spain. Development of sales strategies and the implementation of marketing plans for customers. Customers: HP, UPS, Mororola, Michelin, Nortel, Astra Zeneca.
1998-1999. HayGroup. Human resources and corporate strategy consultants. Marketing Manager for Spain. Press and marketing communication, influential marketing campaigns in different media, sponsorship, new product development.
1995-1998 E.O.I – National Spanish Dept of Energy and Industry. Sales Manager for the Barcelona office. Direct marketing campaign, open doors activities, sales forecasts, sales presentations.
1993-1995. AGEM. Consultancy for marketing and sales programs. Consultant for market research and sales programs. Marketing statistics, tabulation, questionnaires design and proposed paths for sales actions.
Continuing education updates:
Neuroscience applied to Marketing.
Native Spanish, Catalan and English.
International Business, Customer loyalty, Business and marketing strategy, International Management, Asian Markets, Global markets.
*Note that in year 2019 last name Mongay was modified to its original Monray
© COLBS INSTITUTE 2021, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. * Names and brands mentioned in this website are property of their respective owners
Bangkok facilities and classes. 110 1 Thanon Krung Thon Buri, Khwaeng Bang Lamphu Lang, Khet Khlong San, Bangkok, 10600. Thailland.
Chiangmai office. AIE Consulting Service Thailand Ltd.Part. 44/3 Moo 7 T.Huai Sai, Sankampaengh 50130 Chiang Mai, Thailand.