EACH YEAR, STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO STAY IN BANGKOK 1-2 MONTHS FOR PROFESSIONAL CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Individuals boasting a tally of 45 countries visited in their lifetime, truly have the experience and knowledge necessary to reasonably answer the question “Where is the best place in the world?” Now while this is not exactly an easy question with so many fabulous places in the world, loved in many different ways, it is inevitable for well-traveled souls to develop a favorite. Individuals who travel to Thailand often find it to be a favorite destination for a multitude of reasons.
1. Thai food. From the cheapest street cart to the best restaurant, the taste sensation that is Thai food is second to none. Pad Thai noodles, Tom Yum soup, spicy papaya salad, chilli fish, mango with sticky rice, watermelon shake ….once you taste Thai food you may find your top ten favorite foods are all Thai!
2. The Songkran festival. Songkran is Thai New year, the festival of water held in mid April. It may actually be the most fun a person can have. The entire country takes part in a two to three day water fight, with buckets, hoses, and super-soaker guns. Old ladies may nail you with water pistols and monks may even push passers-by into a fountain. All to wash away sins and worries of the old year away so you can start anew.
3. Thai massage. Addictive masochism that will make you walk like Mr Soft, all for just a few bucks an hour. Thai people have regular massages, considered important for their health and unlike western-style serenity retreats can be chatty, sociable group affairs. Two hours is NOT too long, and be prepared to be walked upon.
4. Thai people. Even after the boxing day tsunami in Thailand, locals continued to illustrate their generosity, hospitality, and sense of humour when they had so little and lost so much. Lone female travelers should never feel intimidated. Outside of tourist areas the locals are still always interested in talking to visitors and sharing a smile.
5. Buddhist Monks. In Thailand, most males will spend at least a year or two as a monk, identified by their orange robes. Serving in the temples is considered to help your family in the afterlife, so it is strongly encouraged. Unlike monks in other religions who are very committed, Thai monks are regular guys. Look out for monks smoking and chatting on mobile phones. Ladies shouldn’t sit next to or touch a monk, because they are practicing abstinence and it doesn’t help!
6. Thailand is safe, so do not worry. Thailand is generally a safe country to visit, but it's smart to exercise caution, especially when it comes to dealing with strangers (both Thai and foreigners) and travelling alone as it is everywhere else.
BANGKOK, THE CAPITAL OF BUSINESS IN SOUTH ASIA & THE MOST VISITED CITY IN THE WORLD
Bangkok was named the most-visited city for the fourth consecutive year, with about 22.8 million visitors reported in the annual rankings by MasterCard Inc. Paris and London were ranked second and third, each with about 19.1 million arrivals, trailed by Dubai with 15.9 million.
ACCOMODATION IN BANGKOK
The academic fees for study abroad students are private rooms and aircon for each student. The rooms are equipped with a small kitchenette and full toilet and bathroom. Condos and rooms and centrally located and close to our facilities. Utilites like electricity, laundry and water supply must be paid by the student.
© COLBS INSTITUTE 2021, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. * Names and brands mentioned in this website are property of their respective owners
COLBS INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Oon Valley Campus. 56 / Moo 5 On Tai, San Kamphaeng District, Chiang Mai 50130. Thailand.
CIIM GRADUATE INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT LTD.PART.
44/3 Moo 7 T.Huai Sai, Sankampaengh
50130 Chiang Mai, Thailand.