BA (Hons) BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
BA (HONS) IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Study level: Undergraduate.
Award: BACHELOR BA (HONS) IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION . (UH, COLBS)
Location: Chiang Mai.
Duration: 2 full-time years + last year online and internship
Study mode: In-class.
Co-curricular study during years 1 and 2 : Professional Certificates MITx ( MASSACHUSSETS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY)
Degree: UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE
Entry Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
English Proficiency: IELTS 6.0 *Alternatively we also offer an internal English test for applicants.
Next Intake: August 2021, to be confirmed.
Through our BA (Hons) programme, students have the chance to complete a three-year Bachelor Degree Programme (BA Hons), preparing them for a successful career in a wide range of industries. The 2 first years are provided in-class in Chiang Mai and awarded Level 4, 5 by ABE (Ofqual). The final year - L6 top-up year - is delivered and administered in-class by Colbs Institute leading to the Bachelor of Business Administration.
The three years of study are taught entirely in English and will equip you with the theory and practical skills necessary to distinguish yourself in a competitive international jobs markets. Upon completion of the last year, students receive an internationally recognised bachelor's degree diploma from the official UK universiy.
As a graduate, you will also qualify for a wide range of master’s degrees and postgraduate qualifications in the UK and in other universities and institutions around the world. You will learn from tutors and professors with many years’ experience in business and entrepreneurship.
The first year consists of a combination of 8 short courses taking you to the Diploma in Business Management (L4ABE), the second year is a combination of 6 courses taking you to the Diploma Business Management Level 5 (L5ABE) and in the final year the Bachelor degree is undertaken in the framework of the proposed university.
The program is specifically designed to help you combine studying with other opportunities in Chiang Mai and the wider world.
So, what can a business degree do for you? In short, everything! By covering a breadth of topics, you’ll have your pick as to which career path to choose upon graduating. Whilst studying you’ll:
Gain an in-depth understanding of all business functions
Develop an analytical eye for important detail and sharp critical thinking abilities
Become an expert problem solver and a confident communicator in business scenarios
Understand all levels of organisational structure and how to evaluate the positives and negatives of these with real-life case studies
Begin to form a clearer idea of which aspects of business you enjoy learning about the most, and develop ideas about where your career path might lie
We offer our students 2 paths to Graduation on your Bachelor Degree. During year 3 students can apply for internships in Thailand or in Europe.
BA (Hons) Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE
Graduate Diploma L6 Business Administration
COLBS INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
MIT CO-CURRICULAR STUDY
ALL STUDENTS FOLLOW IN PARALEL TO THEIR SESSIONS TWO PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATES MADE BY 3 COURSES EACH FROM MASSACHUSSETS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, MITx
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES ARE: "ENTREPRENEURSHIP" AND "PRODUCT CREATION AND QUALITATIVE RESEARCH".
Note that study abroad students must take the Professional Certificate "Qualitative Research".
Individuals boasting a tally of 45 countries visited in their lifetime, truly have the experience and knowledge necessary to reasonably answer the question “Where is the best place in the world?” Now while this is not exactly an easy question with so many fabulous places in the world, loved in many different ways, it is inevitable for well-traveled souls to develop a favorite. Individuals who travel to Thailand often find it to be a favorite destination for a multitude of reasons.
1. Thai food. From the cheapest street cart to the best restaurant, the taste sensation that is Thai food is second to none. Pad Thai noodles, Tom Yum soup, spicy papaya salad, chilli fish, mango with sticky rice, watermelon shake ….once you taste Thai food you may find your top ten favorite foods are all Thai!
2. The Songkran festival. Songkran is Thai New year, the festival of water held in mid April. It may actually be the most fun a person can have. The entire country takes part in a two to three day water fight, with buckets, hoses, and super-soaker guns. Old ladies may nail you with water pistols and monks may even push passers-by into a fountain. All to wash away sins and worries of the old year away so you can start anew.
3. Thai massage. Addictive masochism that will make you walk like Mr Soft, all for just a few bucks an hour. Thai people have regular massages, considered important for their health and unlike western-style serenity retreats can be chatty, sociable group affairs. Two hours is NOT too long, and be prepared to be walked upon.
4. Thai people. Even after the boxing day tsunami in Thailand, locals continued to illustrate their generosity, hospitality, and sense of humour when they had so little and lost so much. Lone female travelers should never feel intimidated. Outside of tourist areas the locals are still always interested in talking to visitors and sharing a smile.
5. Buddhist Monks. In Thailand, most males will spend at least a year or two as a monk, identified by their orange robes. Serving in the temples is considered to help your family in the afterlife, so it is strongly encouraged. Unlike monks in other religions who are very committed, Thai monks are regular guys. Look out for monks smoking and chatting on mobile phones. Ladies shouldn’t sit next to or touch a monk, because they are practicing abstinence and it doesn’t help!
6. Thailand is safe, so do not worry. Thailand is generally a safe country to visit, but it's smart to exercise caution, especially when it comes to dealing with strangers (both Thai and foreigners) and travelling alone as it is everywhere else.
CHIANG MAI, THE BEST CITY IN THAILAND AND #1 IN ASIA.
With a score of 91.40, Chiang Mai has beaten Kyoto, Japan to first place in this years Top 10 Cities in Asia, the hotel 137 Pillars House has won first place in The 10 Best Resort Hotels in Southeast Asia, second place in Top 10 Best City Hotels in Asia and 13th in the Top 100 Hotels in the World. The Dhara Dhevi and the Four Seasons both appeared in the 10 Best Resort Hotels in Southeast Asia. appearing 9th and 6th respectively. Chiang Mai also came third in the World’s Top 15 Cities, announced on July 11, 2017. Each city is ranked on Sights/landmarks, culture, food, friendliness, shopping, and value. Hotels are judged on their rooms/facilities, location, service, food, and value. “We are excited to be receiving such wonderful recognition by an esteemed publication such as Travel + Leisure,” said Mr. Kittipong Prapattong, Director of TAT Los Angeles.
“Chiang Mai is a place where tourists and local of all types can enjoy the ultimate Thai holiday from culinary ventures to yoga retreats and beautiful scenery.” A survey developed by the editors of Travel + Leisure, in association with digital marketing firm Wylei, and was made available at tlworldsbest.com from November 2, 2015 to February 29, 2016. Readers were invited to participate through Travel + Leisure magazine, T+L tablet editions, newsletters, social media, and travelandleisure.com. This is what they had to say about Chiang Mai:
“As visitors to Thailand have increasingly ventured beyond Bangkok and the beaches, they’ve discovered the charms of this lush, modestly sized traditional city in the northern part of the country. And its charms are legion: majestic temples, killer street food, madcap tuk-tuk rides, lively night markets, and pachyderm encounters in Baanchang Elephant Park. There is no shortage of divine accommodations to choose from, from the glamorous 137 Pillars House in the Wat Ket quarter to the Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai in the rice paddies beyond the city limits — both are winners on this year’s list of Top Resort Hotels in Southeast Asia.
Chiang Mai, #1 Best city in Asia and #1 Capital of Digital Nomads Worldwide
Watch the video and understand why we are located in Chiang Mai
ACCOMODATION IN CHIANG MAI
The academic fees for study abroad students are included with private rooms and aircon for each student. The rooms are equipped with a small kitchenette and full toilet and bathroom. Condos and rooms and centrally located and close to our facilities. Utilites like electricity, laundry and water supply must be paid by the student.
Massachussets Institute of Technology (MITx) courses and Professional Verified Certicates are included in the academic fees due to our agreement with EdX, institution founded by MIT and Harvard University
BACHELOR BA(HONS) BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION. FEES FULL PROGRAM, ONE YEAR OR ONE SEMESTER ONLY.
NON REFUNDABLE ADMINISTRATIVE FEES. Application Fee 150.00 USD. Enrollment (Booking) Fee 550.00 USD (both paid only one time)
TUITION FEES. Tuition Fees 3,980.00 USD/semester. To graduate and complete the fulll program you will need a total of 6 semesters (3 years). This will lead you to:
Degree Option 1. Graduate Diploma Level 6 in Business Administration (equivalent to Bachelor Degree) with 360 UK credits / 180 ECTS accumulated.
Degree Option 2. BA (Hons) Business Administration of the University of Hertfordshire 360 UK credits / 180 ECTS, you need to complete satisfactorely Levels 4 and 5 with Colbs institute, (2 years / 4 semesters) at 3,980.00 USD/ semester. The tuition costs of the last Top-up year are still to be determined.
We can provide private accommodation at a cost of 800.00 USD/semester.
International students who need to apply for a educational visa (Edvisa) will have to add an extra cost of 452.00 USD/semester.
FEES SUMMER PROGRAM
Application Fee 150.00 USD. Enrolment fee: 200.00 USD. Tuition Fee 1,980.00 USD
PAYMENT PLANS AND CONDITIONS
Payments of tuition fees policy is done by semester.
PAY IN FULL
Students who pay all the amount of the semester before the classes start will receive a discount of 200 USD/semester.
PAY BY INSTALLMENTS
30% of the cost of the semester must be paid before classes start. 1,194.00 USD
70% remaining can be paid during the semester in 3 installments. The amount of the installments is:
· Installment #1: 930.00 USD
· Installment #2: 930.00 USD
· Installment #3. 930.00 USD
SCHOLARSHIPS NEXT INTAKE AUGUST 2021
PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP UP TO 40% OF THE ACADEMIC FEES FOR STUDENTS ACCEPTED BEFORE MAY 28TH, 2021.
TUITION FEES FEES ARE REDUCED FROM 3,980.00 USD/ SEMESTER TO 2,400.00 USD/SEMESTER. This offer will apply to years 1 and 2 of the programme and only applies for accepted students for the next August 16th 2021 intake.
If you want to benefit from this 2021 fees please send email to email@example.com asking for conditions.
Scholarship require pay in full.
© COLBS INSTITUTE 2021, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. *
COLBS INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT.498 Chiangmai-Lampang Rd. T.Thasala. Mueang Chiang Mai. 50.000, Thailand. Website: www.colbs-ac.uk. General information: firstname.lastname@example.org Admissions: email@example.com
* Names and brands mentioned in this website are property of their respective owners